martes, 19 de febrero de 2013

Love & Friendship

Can you be friends with someone that you were in a relationship with? I don’t really know I think it depends because I once had a good friend who wanted to go out with me in a more serious note, so we tried and it didn’t work and until today we are good friends, and it’s been 20 years. So in that case it worked out.

But how about someone who you were very much in love with, it was short but intense, and it ended for circumstances beyond your control, after a few weeks of haven’t spoken to each other, and then suddenly you are friends again.  Not the way you used to be. Now we just avoid each other most of the time, even when we have common friends and we eat lunch together almost everyday, it is hard; it is awkward, but we are still there.  

I started talking to him again, just briefly over the phone or a quick text, and on one hand I would like to be friends, but I can’t predict the way I am going to feel about it tomorrow, it certainly hurt so much last time it ended and this time we should not get involved beyond friendship, but how will my heart would react, I don’t know, I do know that I am waiting to hear from him again, even if I know it won’t be as often as it used to be. I feel the anticipation again, not as before because I know it shouldn’t be, but I also find myself singing to every song on the radio. I am not sure if I am playing with fire again, but this time I do not want to get burned, so I just know to be careful.

What is going to happen tomorrow I don’t know, I can only face it with a smile and hope for the best.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario en la entrada